Monday, July 18, 2011

"And you will be led forth with peace..."

Isaiah 55:8-12
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bead and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Matt and I are so amazed and thankful today for the joy and peace I have been filled with this week. Thank you so much for praying and encouraging us. Even though John and I are both sick with colds, and I also have his head fungus on my neck from cuddling so much (yeah, gross), I actually FEEL His encouragement, strength, joy and peace filling me up and leading me through the day. I feel like He re-opened my eyes to the beauty surrounding me here with the mango and "clapping" coconut trees. I'm slowly getting over myself and MY selfish will only because God is patient in reminding me that this is HIS perfect plan...and nothing is better than that!


 Here's our tough little man rockin' out in his pink shorts today! And finally wearing his sandals from Grandma  because a fire ant bit him...they only stayed on long enough for him to stomp all the other ants...